Ever been to a corporate event or workshop only to find you’ve got your back turned to the stage and presenter? How about a groundbreaking ceremony or company picnic where you’ve had to wait in the elements as people rush frantically around to get the PA system working right?
These types of company events are critical for everything from business branding to employee morale. At Camelot Party Rentals we’ve got putting an event together down to a science; here are some tips to get started, whether you are planning a small team building workshop or a big soiree under one of our event tents.
- Here in Northern Nevada ground breaking ceremonies can often take place in rural locations. Think about everything you’ll need to bring. How many electrical outlets do you need? Do you need to bring generators? Figure out what your infrastructure needs are going to be and know how to adapt if your location doesn’t support them.
- Think about the location’s weather and lighting. Are you using a tent? Will it be too bright inside during the day for a projector? Triple layer black out vinyl can help darken the tent for presentations. Consider the temperature and if you will need to bring in heaters, air conditioners or use sidewalls in case of wind.
- Use your event to help brand your company. Things like pens, notepads and coffee mugs with your company’s logo on them make for attendee gifts. Incorporate company colors into table linins and decorations to reinforce your brand recognition. If you’re doing something on a big scale like a ribbon cutting, use flags and banners that build on that theme.
- The seating is one of the most important pats of a successful event. Chairs circled around tables are great for small group interaction, but can be a drag when you’ve got a presenter trying to address the whole audience. If you’ve got the space, set up seating facing the stage at the start of the event and then breaking for a snack, giving you the opportunity to group chairs together for smaller team activities later in the day.
- Make sure everything will fit. We measure the potential site for your event to make sure it will fit the vision you’ve got in mind. Our computer program, PartyCad lets us virtually create your event from layout, colors and tents to help you visualize your event.
Event planning can be daunting but we are here to help you! Camelot Party Rentals can provide tents, audio visual equipment, stage flags, barbecues, pop corn machines, and cotton candy or snow cone machines. If we don’t have it we know who does, and we’ll help get it for you. We build off our past success without reinventing the wheel to make sure your next event is a big hit.